Just One Of Those Days

While Sunday was not too bad a day, my Monday started out not so great. Nothing really bad is actually happening it's just how I feel. For those of you that say, "get over your feelings and get to it". For me, it's not that simple. When dealing with internal situations as I and any others do. Getting over it is no different than telling a cancer patient or some other physically ill person to just get over it.

In many of my posts I usually offer sound advice. The hard part I guess is, taking one's own advice. Sitting here for a moment, I reflect on the words I've just written. One big sign that flashes across my mind is not to sit here and hate myself for my setbacks. That doesn't mean not to accept responsibility for my actions. It simply means accepting that I have shortcomings and not to hate myself for that. 

The most insulting thing you can say to a perfectionist is "nobody's perfect". From a lot of the reading I've done about my situation, this is a big problem I have. My desire for perfection has lost me more than it has ever grained me. Then mix in the fact that I hate myself for those imperfect moments. Which creates disappointment in myself even when others tell me I did great. 

It's a crazy cycle that many of us suffer, to some degree or another. I guess the best thought I can leave here is, we all have disappointments and worries. One key to living is how well we accept how we do in those situations. For most they simply dust themselves off and continue on, while for some of us the simplest situations require a great deal of effort. The key for us is to continue to love ourselves even in times of defeat. 

Self-hatred and self-blame are different than self-adjustment. Self-hatred and self-blame only drive us to darker places, while self-adjustment (thru love) can be very enlightening. To truly be able to love and respect others, we must learn to love and respect ourselves.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living