Pull the Reins


Sometimes I have just too much time on my hands or least that’s how it feels. Because when I look out my door it seems the world is speeding by at such a breakneck pace. Going so fast that I wonder if they have time to think or feel or are they only able to react to what they see.

All day the song Lemon by U2 has been playing over and over in my head. Many feel the song is about Bono seeing his mother on film and that being only images he has of her. While I once remembered my mother quite vividly, over time the mental images fade to a deeper place a place where the images are replaced with emotions.


How do these two things work together, I don’t know. All I do know is when you pull yourself back from the breakneck pace of life, things like time don’t matter. You see color clearer, you feel emotion deeper. It’s all in how you pull back on the reins of the moments we are losing.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living