Who Am I

I am sitting in my office taking a break eating on a bag of popcorn (or at least what my daughter left me) listening to some classical music. While sitting here chillin’, I thought about some recent chooses I’ve been making about work, school, and life. Kinda asking myself, are these the right choices or are theses the choices I really want?

You see, in life there are “the right choices” the ones that make sense. The practical choices you make every day that make things smoother or easier. Then there are the choices you want, the things that you are passionate about. The things that make your heart purr, while causing others to question your sanity. Those are the questions I’m considering.  

For so long I’ve desired to live by my own terms a free spirit if you will. But for most of my working career I’ve taken the easy, smoother path, if for no other reason than to feed my family and support them. Now there is nothing wrong with that path, every child gets hungry and needs to be fed. This path may not get you far in this world, but hey at least it pays the bills (most of the time).

For so long I’ve chose this path, mostly because I had no other choice. But now as things have changed in my life and my mind says why not? To the dreams and desires I have and to the gifts I have been given that can afford me those dreams. I know I possess the skills and tools to see these dreams through; the problem is convincing my heart it will work.


I suppose the point of this is that at some point in our lives we most ask the question, who Am I? Am I the one that waits on the sidelines hoping for my chance to come? Or Am I the one who takes a leap of faith, knowing there’s only water under my feet but continuing marching on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living