Waiting for the Crash & Burn

So far this work week things have been pretty productive. Sit through a couple of conference calls (without going to sleep) and have been working all day on establishing contact leads. So yeah, this week has been pretty good. The only problem for me is that I have been spoon fed so much self-loathing and self-doubt, that at some point I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

So in other words, when everything looks like a sure thing, somewhere in my mind I'm thinking, "this should be ending real soon." At this point you may think some positive  afformations could come in handy and I'm not saying that would be bad. What I try and remind myself of is that everyone goes through highs and lows. So enjoy the highs, but also recognize and learn from the lows. I hope you noticed I didn't say avoid them, just learn from them. 

One of the best things I have learned recently is that life has a balance. The world can't run at high speed all the time and either can it stop dead in it's tracks. Once we realize that bad things do happen to good people, it becomes easier to accept it and move on. Now don't take my words and think this makes things any simpler or easy to take. It just like this one "horse pill" I take twice-a-day, you're going to need plenty of water to get it down. 

So in closing I'll simply say, life is like a dramedy where the happy and tragic meet. What we have to do is not dwell too long in either pool and make the best out of each situation.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living