Talkin’ to the Walls

I’ve been writing under the moniker Life Beyond the Keyboard for a little over four years. And of the three or four fans I have that read my posts (thank-you, by the way) I’ve touched on a number of different subjects. I don’t know what it is that drives me to continue creating these posts. It sure isn’t for the fame and the money although the ads have made me about 2 cents so far, (again thank-you).

I believe the driving force behind my obsession is simply to create. Ever since I was very young, I’ve love to hear stories. Rather it was my grandparents or just listening to the old folks conversate around the kitchen table, I love a good story. I believe it is that love of a good story and the gift of writing that forces me to tell my tales.

Before the Internet, I focused my writing on poetry and music. Then as kids and the responsibilities of life took over, I abandoned the practice of writing. It wasn’t until my mid-forties that I took to a computer keyboard and started writing again. The desire to write in a way drive my need to finish school and to extend myself beyond the boundaries of what I could see, taking me to places I never dreamed of.

Today my writing is part forum and part therapy, it allows me to vent my daily frustrations and joys, while giving me a place to honestly look at my fears and dreams. Still while writing affords me these benefits, it can be a lonely venture, hiding away in my darkened cave pounding away at the keys like a fevered madman. Because unlike a great orator, when speaking my thoughts I tend to ramble and causing my words to come out unorganized.


So that leaves me talking to the walls, at times typing for no one’s benefit other than my own, praying that somehow a word or two will escape the page and touch someone. Allowing me realize that all this isn’t in vain and that somehow all this has meant something. But until then I just type away, giving life to the rambling thoughts that blow across my mind.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living