Is That Really True


I am not the easiest person to get along with, just ask my family. I can be extremely crude, sharped tongued, and very, very, very opinionated. I suppose growing up around extremely crude, sharped tongued, and very, very, very opinionated people will do that to you. I suppose I shouldn’t use that as an excuse, but it is what it is.

My family has grown thick calluses when I comes to my winning personality. And I guess being isolated from the general population has made my “civilized voice” a bit rusty. But I try. Deep down I can be sentimental. I enjoy art, I love to write poetry, and I love creating fascinating images. At the same time I have people issues. Recently one of my children asked that I a little nicer to their “friend”. Needless to say, she asked that one of us “grow up”. I responded by mentioning I am much older and very unlikely to change.

But is that really true? I mean, it is up to me to change my jaded ways, right? To be honest, I don’t have an answer to that question. I do know that when given time to reflect and apply the filter of editing, I can be a decent person. I suppose the gist of this is, we all have imperfections and struggles to work through. The point is how hard are we willing to try and to improve ourselves.

Each day I try and search my soul for the true me. The point of my writing is to improve the person that I am first. Then hopefully see if my words can have an impact on other lost souls. Life is too short to be bitter and hateful. Let’s all work to quench our urges for hatefulness. Jokes are fine in their place, just be mindful of the place in which they come from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze