Ongoing

I thought today I would talk about my ongoing treatment for panic, anxiety, and depression. For the longest time medication and some cognitive therapy are what I used to treat my illness.

But over the last few years I have dove deeper into using meditation as a form of overall anxiety and depression treatment. While I still take two prescribed medications, facing my fears of death and agoraphobia also helped me to thrive while still living with this illness.

When I suffered my first major heart attack a few years back, it forced me to face my fear of death. For years it was the fear of dying that stressed me and kept me up at night. But once the situation became real, I felt a degree of calm. Now it might have been the meds dripping into my vein that did it. But in all honestly that since of peace and calm has outlasted that medication.

Once I got out of the hospital, I started taking my physical health way more serious. I discovered that walking meditations worked best for me. It gave me a sense of calm quietly paying attention to the world around me. While also allowing me to take an easy low-impact approach to better health.

Now my way, may not be your way. The main thing is, be proactive, I can't stress that enough. Face your fears. Believe me I stepped to the edge and frankly it's not as bad as it seems. If you work to do your best and are frank and honest with the one's you love. Life can go on. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze