Remind Myself


In a world gone crazy, we like to hide in imaginary little worlds of our own. The only problem with that is it doesn’t do a damn thing to make the real world any better. I often speak of the inner turmoil I live with, the self-loathing, the panic disorder, the physical problems. But if I stick my head in a bucket and try to ignore all those things, what good am I doing myself or anyone else?

My dearest friend lived through a hell for many years. She suffered physical and mental abuse at the hands of her spouse. Now my friend could have licked her wounds and carried on. Instead she pulled her family out on that destructive situation, and found a better path. But much like myself, she still has a way to go both mentally and physically. The thing is, she’s moving forward. So every time I need a swift kick in the ass, I think about her.

We all have situations in your lives we’d just assume forget. I know that I’ve made a boatload of decisions I’d love to take back. But life doesn’t work that way, we either live with the pain or we learn to forgive ourselves and others that passed through our lives. I’m learning to look back at those that caused me pain through a lens of compassion and I’m learning to forgive them. Some days are a little harder than others, but the after effect is a much quieter mind.

Ignoring a problem doesn’t make it go away. Burying the past doesn’t mean it won’t cause you anymore pain. In order to free yourself you got to face yourself. Forgive yourself, and let go of pain that others have caused you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze