Release

I often seem to enjoy writing about the tragedies in my life. The reason I seem to focus on that is because for so long, my mind focused on the negative instead of the good. So my way of purging myself of that negative energy is to release it in my words. Often I see friends and acquaintances who do nothing but bottle up the negative energy that surrounds them. They may think that by suppressing that energy they are overcoming it. The sad reality is instead of overcoming it, they are simply building a better time bomb, that will eventually go off.

Oh believe me I know. For years I did nothing but press down feelings of inadequacy and unworthiness. To the point that for decades it did nothing but undermine every positive thing I ever tried. The thing I discovered was that in order to move forward, I had to learn to live in the here and now. My wife for whatever shortcomings the world may see in her. She lives in a perpetual state of being in the moment. It allows her to have a keen for sense of the moment. Even after a difficult day, she has the ability to sleep without a hint of worry. And I should know I’ve watched her sleep peacefully for 30+ years, while I worry and threat.

The thing is learn to live in the here and now. Focus your energy on the moment. When seeds of doubt and inadequacy rear their ugly heads, listen and let them go. You can use mindfulness, you can use prayer; the point is listen, love, and let go. Trying to conjure up positive thoughts is fine for a while. But in my experience, not addressing the elephant in the room (self-hatred and fear). You are doing nothing but putting a band-aid on a grapping wound. Listen to yourself and let go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze