Working on It


Someone please tell me why I’m sitting outside in this 101° heat index weather? Sometimes I ain’t got the sense God gave a goat, but still here I am. I guess for a moment I just wanted to breathe some unrefrigerated air. The gnats haven’t caught wind of me yet, so at least I got that going for me. Up in the sycamore trees I got a murder of crows calling out to each other. I’m sure they’re here to eat the figs, which I guess is just fine, considering how many bloomed this year. Remember what I said about the gnats? Well they finally have tuned in to my signal, I think it was the crows that gave away my location. 

It's relatively quiet around here. Took my bride to the store so she could spend some of her birthday money. Then I had to go by the courthouse to see about some business for our special needs son. Nothing ever seems easy. I got to take care of some paperwork for him that otherwise will never get done. Your lives are an endless array of responsibilities and duties. Even the most affluent among us have responsibilities they’d just assume not do. The problem comes when we “assume” our problems are worse than everyone else’s. Especially when we look at other’s with the glaring eye of disrespect. 

But this shouldn’t be the case. Rich or poor, famous or nonexistent; we all have our moments of doubt and pain. Each of us should take into consideration the path and struggles each of us walks. We’re all familiar with the scripture “it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle… “. But are we familiar with the understanding that riches can be interpreted in different ways. Maybe it’s gifts or maybe it’s the prejudices we bury deep. Understanding comes with critical thinking, not by assuming your opinion is always right. Listen, I am the chiefest of sinners when it comes to being opinionated. But Lord knows I’m working on it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze