At the Very Least
Well I got my exercise for today by having to walk around
Wal-Jacked, picking up some medicine from the CBS Pharmacy, and getting some
fuel. All this took me around an hour and a half, so now I’m sitting back at my
desk before 10:45 AM.
I swept the apartment floors and watched our Autistic son
prepare his breakfast/lunch. So for now the world seems okay, while I sip on my
99¢ Cherry Limeade from the Sonic’s. I hope I’m not boring you with my account
from a soon-to-be boring afternoon.
But I’ve been retired, and no longer truly considered
disabled any more. I’ve been clocked out early by the government to save them
money and spend my own. I don’t mean to sound super cynical, maybe it’s the
sugar rush from the Limeade. But after listening to a radio personality I
admired say he don’t like a country singer because he sounded “too black”. Well
that just rubbed me the wrong way, no matter the context.
My life is about finding just a bit of peace. So for my
health’s sake, I pretty much quit listening to divisive rhetoric. Voices on
both sides of the fence seem to believe when given a platform, they can say
anything they damn well please. The hell with others’ sensibilities.
Unfortunately I don’t prescribe to that when speaking publicly.
Now many may argue that I do it every day in my writing. But
I’m doing my best to hold my tongue especially when speaking one on one. But as
the law states (more or less) everyone has the right to speak their truth. But
at what cost?
We all live in this mixed up mutt of a country under a set of agreed upon laws. So when stating an opinion, choose your words wisely. Do your damnest to take into account other people's feelings on the matter. Or at the very least respect their opinion.
#Respect #PublicDiscord #Opinions #Grace #Manners

Comments
Post a Comment