Just sitting here killing time until I have to leave for yet another lab appointment this morning. This is one I do every quarter to mostly check my iron levels and my WBC, which are both low…duh. My General Practitioner informed me yesterday that I was also due for another sleep study this year. And that it’s that time of the year my wife goes for her annual trip for a mammogram. So my near empty calendar is now slowly filling up till Christmas Time.
God knows why I’m telling any of you this shit. I mean each and every one of you have the same damn schedule with either your children or an elderly parent. So I know I am nothing special, just the average person juggling the ways of life in a capitalist society, between work and living. But isn’t it funny, how we live in a society where everything is supposed to be simpler, yet the whole thing seems so much more complicated?
It is now the next morning, and the lab work is already done. My wife’s in the bathroom throwing up the medicine she took this morning. Panicking as usual, while I try to get her to lay the f#ck down. I’ll check her vitals later, don’t worry, after all she went to the doctor yesterday. All that may sound heartless, but in a house where you are the caregiver, you’re not allowed to panic or let your mind go to wild places, for you are the one holding things together.
Sorry if the moral to this story sounds more like a boring egocentric journal. But some days that’s just how things fall. When you're left dealing with things yourself and there’s no one to vent to, other than yourself. But at times, life is much more complicated than you want it to be, so you do what you can do to survive.
#Confession #Testimony #AnotherDay #Detachment #Survival
Comments
Post a Comment