Not a Bad Place to Be


 

My brain is not working today; for one, I nearly poured lemon juice into my coffee instead of creamer. I’m working on two projects at once and they got my brain pretty scrambled up. And I wonder why I quit focusing on more than one thing at a time. The old adage, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder,” is definitely true when it comes to creating and producing.

In my current state of retirement, other than the fatigue, lightheadedness, and forgotten tasks, I feel okay. But it’s when I get up and something I need to do stands in front of me, that I realize I ain’t healthy anymore. It’s a sobering thought, especially when pouring lemon juice into your coffee.

So I sit here frustrated with myself for not being as quick as I used to be. Thinking of all the conversations where I forget memories and names so quickly, and instead rely on the quiet and a keyboard to get my thoughts down. At times it makes me fear the day when this itself will eventually fade away.

But you do what you gotta do with the tools at your disposal. So I sit here with my AI editor taking care of my punctuation and my grammar, while I fly away with what’s left of my freestyle, devil-may-care way. But when that’s all you got, those flashes of genius are appreciated even more. As life, with all its complications, forces you into a simpler box, that frankly isn’t a bad place to be.

#Aging #Retirement #Disabilities #LessThan #Adaptability

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplate Life

What It's About

One Moment