Cliche'
![]() |
| Image By: Sandra Saxon Burnsed |
It’s almost cliché the way I get up every morning. As I get
older the tasks are more predictable and routine. Unlike my younger years where
there was no responsibility, or as a father and adult when I had a family to
take care of. Today everything’s more routine and, shall I say, predictable?
Still, I spend every first of the month paying bills and
making sure money's moved around. Then I fill the Kia with fuel and hope it
lasts for the month, as well as groceries and other things. I have to keep up
with prescription refills and the ever-present doctor appointments, of which I
have at least one or two every week.
But such as it is for an office manager, secretary,
accountant, chef, housekeeper, crisis manager, husband, father, grandfather,
and friend (AKA…Caregiver). But in-between all that work, I do find time to
feel sorry for myself I suppose. In-between all the other decisions I have to
make during any given day. It’s really not a big deal anymore, you get used to
it when it’s your job. I mean when you're raised in an Evangelical Christian
home, you’re programmed to give and not to receive. You're programmed to deny
the self and live in service to others.
So maybe all that indoctrination was a blessing in disguise?
But who am I kidding? It sure doesn’t feel that way when late in the evening
your soul is still starved for some attention, but it never comes. So what do
you do? Carry on and place all your burdens on the Lord? Yeah, that really
works. Especially when you find yourself hiding under the bed, unable to leave
the house. Where’s the Almighty then?
Forgive me for my tone; I’m really much better now. After
decades of searching, I have discovered there is a higher power within myself,
a higher power that was always there. It’s the power of connection between
every one of us and nature. Learning that there are no easy answers is the
first step to understanding—that happiness and trauma are meant to be shared
and not cradled in the darkness.
#Salvation #Balance #Mindfulness #Connection #Zen

Comments
Post a Comment