Boiling Eggs


 

Boiling Eggs

I hate being bothered, especially when I’m working on something. The main culprit that bothers me the most is these endless pop-up notices on my computer and phone. They just love to pester me with notices that I would much rather dismiss until I am finished. But No! Notification after notification of mindless bullshit continue to pop up.

With my old cheap phone, I could easily block the annoying notices. But with my new so-called advanced phone, every time I block one notification another one pops up! Thus driving me crazy.

So here I am talking about these annoyances instead of the more important things weighing on my mind, like clouds of self-doubt or mindless internal chatter. But in a way the two are connected, mainly because both can distract from your flow and peace of mind.

But it’s easy to sit here at my desk and expound on all these great theories about clearing my head. But it don’t mean a damn thing until you can apply the practice to your daily life. But just as I did now, sometimes the things of life get in the way (like turning off the eggs I was boiling).

More than anything, it all depends on how you react to the noise that matters most. Recently I was reminded of these words a Zen Master once said, “Instead of looking at the noise as disturbing your peace, treat it as a bell to remind you of the moment.” (Paraphrased)

That statement from a gentleman who was a victim of war and exile turned my perspective around of what peace truly is. Peace is the moment you become aware of the things that surround you. And by focusing on that moment, you become aware. You are in control, by just letting go. For life is an endless mission of putting out fires and still staying on the path. So control the noise where you can, but don’t let it rob you of your peace.

#Noise #Awareness #LettingGo #Reminders #Zen

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplate Life

One Moment

What It's About