Consider Others

After a week of trying to shake a valuable thought out of my head. This morning this occurred to me, how do we consider others in worse situations than ourselves? Do we give charity a second thought or are we I got mine now get yours? I know it's a long ways from Thanksgiving or Christmas, but our hearts should be mindful of those who need support.

I guess my reason for this is, everyday I read post from friends and love ones on social sites about taking trips or dining out. Now there is nothing wrong with enjoying the hard work you put in, the point is being aware of those who have not. 

A good example of loving thy neighbor is the idea I saw were a family in a drive thru paid the bill for the car behind them in honor for their late son, I'm sure you heard that one. Well this is one simple act of kindness we can do, with no guarantee you'll be paid back. But believe me, one day you will. 

So this weekend as you go online or write a check to pay a bill remember a charity you trust and send them something. No one is an island and charity begins with us.  

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living