Spinning Your Wheels & Heading Nowhere

Every so often I get tired  Tired of staring at monitors, tired of reading textbooks, tired of sitting down at 7:30 am then realizing it's 12:45 pm and I haven't gotten up. (Which is never good for your kidneys.) Just get tired of being tried.

When experiencing this I take myself a break, maybe for a few minutes, maybe for a few weeks. But then you know what happens a short time after I do that? I get bored out of my mind. What is it that makes me do that?

I'm sure a bunch of you know what I'm writing about. Are we messed up? Are we simple workaholics? I never thought of myself as being a workaholic, so why over the past few years have I become this way?  

My guess is, I like what I'm doing. And, while a lot of you may say that's B.S. A few of you may say, yeah, that's true. A few of us get to do something we truly enjoy doing. Still for all of us, all work and no play can make you a bored person. 

So what do I suggest to get us out of this bored without work funk. Well a number of years ago an uncle of mine said to me, "Every man needs a hobby." And given this situation, he advice can be used this way. Outside of work, have yourself a hobby (or a life). 

Now again, some of you may say, "None of this applies to me, I work too many hours on too many days. I'm just too damn tired and broke, I gotta' work to feed the crew and gas the car."  Grant it, I get it. Boy, do I get it, if you only knew. Still, that doesn't sway me from telling you and telling myself to relax and find something you enjoy besides work. Who knows, like myself you may find your hobby only needs a few moments of your time to work, I know some of mine do. 

So when you see a day where you're spinning your wheels, and you're going nowhere, or you're just plain exhausted. Go to your hobby or go find your life. Either way, your soul will be glad you did. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living