Not my Best

Yesterday evening into this morning, I haven't felt my best. I suppose it's my damned sinuses or something. But you know what I'm talking about when you just don't feel right. Still, I struggled through my morning routine of answering emails and school stuff. But as I finished, I shutdown the main work computer and fired up the laptop so I could sit on the daybed and continue to work at a more relaxed pace. 

I know many of you don't have the luxury of working from home or have a daybed in your office. But I will admit having grown kids, a wife that works herself in another room, and a live in a fairly quiet neighborhood has it's perks. So now I sit here with the curtains drawn with some meditation sounds playing. Trying to work out this tension and prepare for the remaining tasks ahead. This doesn't mean I'm totally tuned out humming com-by-ya or something, it just means I continue work at a more relaxed pace. 

I well know that most all work environments don't allow for this type of working. Much like an old boss of mine used to say, "don't ever let me catch you with your hands in your pockets." Most work areas are cubicles that remind me of cattle stalls where you divide the cattle up for the slaughter house. (Tell me, Am I the only person that thinks it's a little scary that slaughter has the word laughter in it?) I sit here now and wonder how I got anything done back then. I always felt those things were more torture chamber than production center. 

But back to the point of feeling bad. When working your way to a goal you will encounter times when you simply don't feel your best. It is these times when we have to realize and accept that maybe your best of isn't going to show up today. Still, that doesn't mean I fail, it simply means just as with everything I do my best with what I have. And, don't be afraid to stop when you have too. Just remember co-workers don't mind helping as long as they can expect the back from you sometime. 

I'm not completely sure way I jotted this down little dittie down, maybe I'm just not my best today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living