You Find Out Who Your Friends Are

A few years back a country artist came out with a song with the line "you find out who your friends are". To me the song speaks of seeing who your true friends are when "the chips are down", you can say. Who out there hasn't experienced that. 

My reason for bringing up the subject is recently I had a setback. Not one that laid me out on the floor but, one that pushed me back a few steps I'll say. But just when it looked like what few friends I do have would thin out even more, some stepped up to make my day. even though they didn't know I needed it.    

While I am very grateful for the support, most of us would do the same for a friend wouldn't we? 

I was brought up being taught to be the same no matter who I'm around. By that I mean to treat each person with kindness and honesty. I mean I wouldn't disrespect an older person or cuss in front of a stranger but, I would treat each person the same. Another lesson I learned was not to burn bridges, cause you never know when you may have to cross it again. 

My point in writing all this is to say, you never know when your words or actions will come back to you, both good and bad. Plus, I like to think the good things I may have done in the past are the reason I have the few good friends I now have today. So treat those you are around the right way and hopefully one day, when you need it, you'll see who your friends are.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living