Of Your Value

You know, I don't put much value in money. I mean, I do enjoy eating and like to see my A/C running during this heat. What I mean is money is more a tool than a desire or end all. Some of you may think, he only feels that way because he's loaded or he's plain crazy. Well the first part of that statement I assure you isn't true, the last part, well the jury's still out.

I suppose my reason for mentioning this is, what do we place real value on? Is it the toys we can pile in our garages? Or is it the cash we stash for a rainy day? Either thing isn't bad in itself, it's just what are we doing to create value within ourselves? Does it take money for you to measure success or are you successful for far more important things?

I've had a few epiphanies in my life that greatly changed me. One was my sad divorce from my first wife. Second, was finding my true soulmate and balance from my past. Then came the birth of my children and the real meaning of maturity and love. Then last, the epiphany of realizing that I can do better, that I have the drive to finish my dreams.

Each of these moments didn't come about due to any value money put on me. They came about because I want to be an example for myself and the ones I love. That growing and learning are lifetime goals that don't stop when you leave school. That to better yourself and be an example to your family are far more valuable than gold. 

So as each of you hurries off to work tomorrow, think about these words. Are you being a good example? Not just wishing your kids to do better, but by blazing a path. Showing them how it is done. Lord knows, I gotta hell of a long way to go, but I am taking those first steps and giving them my value.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living