Failure Isn't The End

Over the weekend I read an online article about the increasing suicide rates in South Korea. What I read was that the suicides were not focused to just one group like young people. But is considered an opinion across a number of age and social groups. It seems that the two main reasons for the increase in suicides were, not meeting financial obligates and failure to achieve set goals. 

While for many years suicide has been higher in far eastern countries. I as a person of Western upbringing, I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around taking ones life due the failure. Even though, does two things are more than likely major reasons people take their lives here in the West. 

Maybe the thing is that there are so many books, lectures, and seminars here on the subject of picking ones self up. That I find it hard to consider death an opinion. Or it could be the belief system I was raised with that measures life beyond the physical. Either way, what a sad mindset it most be to consider ending your life. 

While I have no one-size-fits-all answer to anyone considering that fate. I will say, failure isn't the end. Too many times in my own semi-successful life, I have fallen. To only at some point, licked my wounds, and gotten back up again. And although, by world standards I'm definitely not that successful. In my mind, I have achieved great success with a wonderful wife of 26+ years and four totally imperfect adult children. 

When feeling such low self-worth I would hope that somehow they could be reminded that success isn't only measured by the value of your purse. But also by the things you contribute to the greater good of those you love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze