The Sum Of Things

Have you ever been told, you have potential? You know, by a manager who maybe giving an evaluation or maybe a teacher who thinks you could do better on test. I for one, have been told I have potential by more people than I care to count. So I guess the thing is, how should one take such review? Honestly, I am not one for criticism. I have never liked being criticized, although I have on many an occasion. 

It should be noted that most of the criticism directed at me has come from me. Which may be why when others do it, it cast such a dark shadow, because it only reinforces the feelings I have within myself. The point I'm loosely steering to isn't not to give constructive criticism to others. But for us to look inward at what makes us create such a poor image of ourselves. 

There are so many factors that contribute to low self-image. So many that I can think of, that have driven me down the paths I ride on. That even today, derail much of the potential many saw in me. You may ask, what then is the magic bullet or secret that corrects this imbalance of love/hate within myself?

Truthfully, I really don't know. What I do you is, life as in all things, requires balance. Balance between good and bad carbs, balance between work and rest, and balance between laughter and tears. In everything in our lives, a scale of balance is weighed. 

So when we all look at the sum of things, let's do our best to strike a balance. Between what we see and the potential of what we can become.        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze