United

As some of you may know I have a small consulting business I operate from a home office. This allows me to keep my overhead down and saves me a great deal of commuting time, along with giving me the option of controlling distractions that can occur. That said, each morning while most of my neighbors are commuting to their jobs. I have time to sit on my porch and quietly enjoy the natural surroundings, while having my coffee and putting together my day. 

This morning while having my first cup, I wondered about a program I've been watching the past few weeks. The program was the mini-series Cosmos that's currently running on Fox. Two weeks ago it was discussing evolution, now rather you believe in that or not isn't the point of this post. What is the point is how through DNA research it has been discovered that all life on earth and throughout the cosmos are intertwined. That through DNA study we've learned each species on our planet share various makers and that only a few strands of DNA separate us from all living things. 

While my thought here isn't so much to give you a science lesson. The point I found fascinating is even the Christian Bible discusses this in the first chapter of the first book Genesis. I'll let you read that if you wish, I can't factually discuss how other faiths believe, because I was bought up in a Christian background. Still my point is we all share this earth and all of us are united in many ways. 

When you allow yourself to understand and believe this, it stresses the issue that our actions on this world can have a lasting affect on everything else. That as a result we should all be much more mindful of our place and how we affect those around us. By thinking of more than just our own agendas, we can begin to see how decisions we make rather in life, health, or business, can affect everything around us. 

The lesson in all this for me is, to be mindful of others and not only of myself with the decisions I make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze