Maintaining The Positive?

Over my work career (which has been longer than I care to count). I held jobs that were a bit mundane, and I've had jobs that require a bit of a positive attitude to be successful. If you have read my blogs before, then you know the subject of keeping focused and your eye on the true prize has come up a lot. That said, today I was thinking about the importance of maintaining a positive attitude and what if you don't.

Like I said, a good portion of my work career I was involved in work that requires a great amount of self-motivation. These were mostly jobs that required me to depend on myself to seek business and to maintain my focus to get the job done. Needless to say, while I believe I had the personality and intelligence to perform those task. It was in the areas of self confidence and believing in my self worth that robbed me of real success. 

After all those tries and failures, you would think I'd go back to the safety of the mundane. Well, for many years that's what I did; and to be perfectly honest, those thoughts still cross my mind. And, it's here where the point of this story begins.

When you know in your heart you can make a better life for yourself, rather it's through education, a trade, or a different job. Make sure you do a "gut check" of yourself and have an understanding of what these changes entail. Way too many times I was swayed by the dream of doing better, only to find I don't have the belief in myself to see it through. Which now brings me to this point.

In my case, I had to take my leaps of faith in bit-sized pieces. Meaning with each small step I made, I put another victory under my belt. Building brick-by-brick the foundation I need to succeed. Do you see what I am getting at? Maintaining a positive attitude may not be enough, because emotions move like a tide. They flow in and they flow out. So trying a maintain or hold in that kinda tide isn't natural, at least to me. 

As I am learning, building a foundation of success is a brick-by-brick process. Dreams don't come true in a day, they are framed and crafted and built. Just because one dream doesn't stand the test, doesn't mean the next one won't. While emotions are an important part of fueling desires, they are not the whole plan. But with a plan, even when the emotions low, the mundane job of laying bricks can go on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze