When It Just Isn't There

As I'm sure you all know, there are times when you stare at a blank page or an new project, and just don't have the drive to begin. The inspiration you usually rely on is missing and all you have is that empty page and an impending deadline. 

So what do you do? Muddle around and hope inspiration decides to kick in? Or do you walk away and wait for the moment the drive hits you? Personally, I do a little of both. Sometimes I force my hand and squeeze some inspiration and focus out of myself. Then sometimes I just walk away from the desk and take a moment to become present. Either way I had success and failure doing both. 

Right now you maybe asking myself, "okay, so what is the point of telling me something I kinda already know?" "What's the moral to this tale?" 

I guess my moral here is, inspiration or not, making an effort and showing some drive is more than most give in a day. In life we are not promised highlight reels. For most of us, the day is either driving an ice pick into an iceberg just to make snow cones. Or digging a hole to fill another hole to fill another hole, it ain't pretty, but it's life. 

Maybe my true point should be, while "living" for the most part can be a bit of a pain. Life is what you make it. You can either roll with the tide and settle. Or swim against the current and make your own way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze