Who You Are vs. What You Believe

It's nice to get encouraging words from friends and family, either wishing you well or telling you "good job" for something you've done. But ultimately it's that face you see in the mirror that you're going to believe the most. In my own life, I've been told a number of times how funny I am, or how well I've done on a job. But even to this day, when I look at my face in the mirror, all I could see is someone that's a loser. 

I am sure there are many of you reading this that feel the same way. That no matter what accolades you have been given, it's the person in the mirror whose opinion counts the most. 

And I get that, how you feel about yourself goes a long way in determining your path in life. Also, you don't have to be a failure to think this way. There are way too many bio's out there on individuals who while they are successful in our eyes, that felt they haven't accomplished anything. 

So what can you say, to who you are versus what you believe?

In my own struggles with this, I've developed enough understanding of myself to realize. That while my inward view has been shaped by outward forces to form this negative view. It is ultimately up to me to set my path. So I guess what I am saying is, while the person I see maybe limited. If I believe I can do it, then it will be done.  

You can't limit yourself by what you see or feel. You can only limit yourself by what you believe.    

If having to restart my life a few years back has taught me anything, it's that you are only limited by what you allow yourself to believe. There is example after example I can cite that can backed up what I'm saying. Where through sheer will, I accomplished things I would have never dreamed just a few years ago. 

Now is what I'm talking about in some pill or eight DVD set I'm trying to sell? No. It's just a fact of life that many of us ask ourselves everyday. "Are we worthy of more?" The answer to that is yes we are, but the solution is to believe. Is believing easy, hell no. It's f*#king hard. 

You see, for every victory I can tout, there are many more defeats and do overs. I said, I believe in me, not that I believe I'm Superman. But that could be the main point here. While you look beyond the face that's reflecting back at you. Remember you are still imperfect and you can still fail, but that's okay, each of us works through it our own way. 

So as I close this post, realize that you do not have to be limited by what you see or feel. That there is power in the thoughts you create. That by creating thoughts of determination and progress, you are only limited by what you dream. While my own dream has yet to be finished, I pray that each of you set your own sails, to your dream just over the horizon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze