Thankful

Earlier this morning I had a different post on my mind. Then a got a sad phone call of someone's passing. It's never good to lose a loved one never, but it can be worse when it comes around the holiday season like now. So if the family is reading this, my heart felt sympathy goes out to you.

Due in part to this tragedy and to the pain anyone out there may feel at the holidays. Let's not forget to be thankful. To be thankful for the moments we had with our loved one, the joys we shared, the pain we went through. For all of it lets be thankful. 

Around ten years ago I lost my mother, her death left us in total shock. Just a few days before her death we had spoken and she was looking forward to seeing the grandkids. Well two days before our trip home I got the news. So during what was to be a happy event, visiting mom for the weekend. We spent the weekend planning and attending a funeral. 

Like I said, it's been ten years, it's been over twenty since my father passed away. And while, I struggled with both deaths early on, time has passed and it allows me to see the things I learned, I loved, and even hated. To remember that no matter my opinion or place, they are a part of me, and there ain't a damn thing I can do about that. Which in a cynical way would give my mom a lot of pleasure. 

So was we sit and give thanks or stand and mourn at the senselessness of the hour. Let us at some point be greatful for the moments we give each other.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living