The Imperfection That's Me

This morning I was going through my emails and my other morning routines, thinking about a couple of extra errands I had to make. While doing this the thought crossed my mind about how I hated it when I have to deviate from my usual routine. It's not that my routine is a fine tuned instrument or anything, it's just that I gotten into some frankly lazy habits. Which brings me to the idea of this post, that none of us are perfect. 

I'm sure that most all of you reading are thinking, "duh!, like I didn't know I wasn't perfect. My big nose, pot belly, and greying hair tell me that everyday", they all say cynically. Seriously, those are not really the imperfections I thinking about, although I could lose a some weight and a little Just for Men. What I'm bring up here is the idea that we each have a grasp of the areas within ourselves that are lacking. But instead of being critical of ourselves for those shortcomings, we use them as advantages in our lives to allow others to shine. 

Think of it this way, most of us work in team settings and some of us may even be in leadership roles. By having a clear understanding of the strengths and weaknesses within yourself and your team, you can better use and develop strengths within the group. A successful leader isn't just one who can bark orders, they apply lessons and built up their teams. 

I've realized in my own varied career, when given the opportunity to lead if you work with the strengths and weaknesses of others. You in turn create more leaders. Leadership doesn't have a lot to do with barking orders or planning agendas, as much as it has to do with developing and creating. In doing that, you gather imperfection and create a perfected unit.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living