Pokin' My Head Out

Like most of you, I got up this morning and hit the ground running. Taking care of this situation and that one, putting out as many fires as I could. By the time it was 10:30am, I was still in my "night clothes" and had spoken or emailed at least 10 people or businesses. 

One of the beautiful things about working for yourself and working from home is, you can get a lot done before most everyone has finished their 2 hour commute. Plus unless you're on Skype, you can do it in your birthday suit (don't worry, I'm fully dressed, for now). My point with this little post is to comment on how, when I do poke my head out of my rabbit hole, I'm barraged with this and that interruption that can slow down my day. 

A few posts ago I mentioned getting my first "smartphone". Mainly because all my clients, friends, and family told me, "it would make your day so much simpler and more organized". While I don't which little Fairy (or Imp) told them that tale, I find all the vibrating and beeping quite distracting. 

Now I know you're thinking one or two things, why not you turn off the alerts or answer them because they may be important. I guess I could answer the first statement by saying, I don't have the time to learn yet another software program. For the second, I have set times to check such things and all that beeping and chiming makes me lose my train of thought, which by the way, is hard enough to get on board in the first place. 

So what is the point of all my grumpy old man rambling? I guess I'd have to say, yes I've learned to embrace my inner old man and admit at times I'm set in my ways. But maybe that is okay to do. I mean, not every innovation has been good and not every old way of doing things is bad either. You have to trust your comfort level for change, then go with the things that improve who you are, and not to follow every path of change just for change sake. 

Because the world is changing fast enough without us. We should at least embrace the changes that will improve who and what we are, and not allow traditions to keep us bound. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living