Head Bangin'

Recently, I started a new course at school. It deals with my weakest subject but with two classes to go, I don't have much choice but to "bite the bullet" and do my best. So it should come as no surprise that I've spent the last three days bangin' my head against the wall trying to answer one little question. You know, agonizing over one thing has taught me this, that either I'm really stubborn, or I'm just really stupid, or I'm both. 

Oh, I know your saying to yourselves, "now don't of think it that way, your tenacity will serve you." But in reality stupidity is not always bad, but being stubborn and stupid, now that is not what I'd call a great combination. 

The thing is, it's okay if you're not the smartest person in the room, but if you're the one who ignorantly holds on to failed or flawed ideals, well? Being willing to correct your course is one of the qualities that creates a good leader. The problem is, a lot of us are not willing to loosening up our pride enough to admit we are wrong. That's where trouble begins.

Just as I stubbornly hold out to discover the answer to my problem, many of us attack situations we don't fully understand. So even if the answer is right in front of us, we stubbornly hold to what we know and never look beyond what we think we know. We don't take the time to step back and ask the right question to get the right answer. 

So beyond the out of the box ideals or the never color inside the line mentalities, we may think we have. What truly changes the world is to ask the questions no one has asked before and to be able to freely admit it when we are wrong. Change begins from within.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living