Aerial Recon

Around 2007 I had put together a plan, a plan for changing my career path and hopefully improving my families situation. Well from 40,000 feet it may look as if the situation hasn't changed much. If anything it could appear to have gotten worst. But from a lower altitude changes and improvements can be seen. These changes some small, some major, have impacted the way we live, think, and feel about everything.  

When you're involved in a complicated project, like the one I just described. It's easy to get lost in the details and paint shortcomings with a broad brush. But in a long term project, which impacts you personally; sometimes the best way to measure success is with a more detailed observance of the facts. 

In my situation the broad stroke would show monetarily situations haven't changed too much. Considering the time, money, and commitment put in to the project so far. But at a closer exam, the courage and skills gained have greatly added to my overall level of self worth. Another point that can be added is the freedom of controlling my own life vision. Also, the relationships I've built and the shear confidence gained in myself have more than made up for the time, money, and commitment. 

I guess the moral here is a simple, yet complicated one. When evaluating how things are going, sometimes the dollar takes a backseat to quality of self. Are you happy? Are you satisfied? Am I heading into the direction I want to go? These and other questions can only be answered with a close look at the facts.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living