Miscellaneous Moments

Of late I've been a bit reflective about where things are heading in my life. While a part of me believes that the skies the limit to my potential. At the same time I look into the mirror each morning and feel the clock ticking. While all this rattles around in my mind, I remind myself that in reality time is just a set of numbers. That yes age is a thing, but that true reality is now, not yesterday or tomorrow, but right now. 

So as I have struggled with my perceived realities, the fact remains the next day is wide open to whatever I make it. Maybe that is the thing to remind ourselves of, that as we work to concentrate on the moment, tomorrows an open book. Still one of the things I struggle with in living the moment is, what about charting or planning for the future? 

In my limited studies of this and from beliefs ingrained in me from childhood. Planning for tomorrow is fine, just don't let the plans for tomorrow override your moment. By focusing on the moment the plans or goals for tomorrow become clearer and more concrete. Worrying about tomorrows actions only rob you a peace during today. So work in the moment and the plans you make for tomorrow will become clearer.  

So here I stand staring at the image in the mirror looking back at me, wondering where life will take me. What I have to remind that image is that while we all have limits does limits do not have to define us. Too many times in my life and and the lives of those around me, I've seen limits pushed and moved aside. 

So as you sit there trying to connect the dots in your own life try and remember. Don't limit yourself by what you see. As you live each moment of each day, try turning off the autopilot. By doing so you allow your focus on the moment to create future moments. That can create potential you haven't even imagined yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living