Just To hear Myself Talk

I am sitting here in front of my computer screen trying to decide rather I have something profound to say or if I just want to hear myself talk. Do you ever get that way? Just open your mouth and let very unimportant words fly out? I sure as hell know I do. 

Just yesterday I was speaking to a friend and about five minutes into the conversation, I realized I was the only one talking. While I did stop for a moment and let him get a word in. It wasn't until this morning that I realised sometimes we just talk just to hear ourselves. 

But is that a bad thing? I mean do our words need to be budgeted or something? My father and his mother (my grandmother) may have spoken up to the value of saving words. Either where what you would call great conversationalist. Not that they didn't speak, it's just that if words were money, they saved well. As anyone of the three people that follow this blog know, I spread words at an endless pace. Not concerned that at some point I may actually run out of things to talk about. 

I believe that talking or writing, in this case, maybe of helpful to your psyche. I say this because many times when I write, I usually start out with an initial thought that I end up working out to a point as I go. Much like what I'm doing here in this post. For me it allows me to go in whatever direction my thoughts carry me. Not only does this process lead me to surprising conclusions at times. It allows me to clear my mind of thought clutter. 

For me thought clutter is what we pack into our brains when we allow ourselves worry and wonder about any moment but the here and now. Moments we worried about in the past get piled into this corner, thoughts and worries about tomorrow get piled into this corner. Piled up so much so that you hardly have any room for what's going on now. 

I could go on about this, but what's the point? Sometimes voicing or jotting down our thoughts can be a good thing. It allows you to release tensions or concerns that you may have carried around. It can also offer us a release to the clutter we can store up in our heads. Either way, just talking, just to hear yourself talk, may not be a bad thing to do, sometimes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living