Bill of Goods

Recently I was reading a post on a blog site written by someone whose words of wisdom I'm starting to admire. I decided to explore their work a bit deeper, what I discovered was that they had written a series of books and even had self help courses put together, for a price.

Now don't get me wrong, if these courses can help someone, great. It's just that when I see a price tag on showing me personal fulfillment it gives me pause.

Maybe I'm just being hypocritical or just an ass, but I simply feel when I see individuals or businesses promoting these kinds of things. All the smiles and good packaging you put out there are not going to whitewash the fact you're selling "snake oil" to cure all my ills. I'm sorry if that's not the intent, but in my experience snake oil, is snake oil, even when you put a pretty bow on it. 

Each of us has to find our own path in life. And usually deep inside ourselves there's a voice that tells what's right and what's Bull Shit. So as we all continue searching for our meaning, don't forget to listen to yourself. Most of the time you'll find out you're right. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living