How Things Are

Twice this week I gotten up to a feeling of dread for what the day held for me. And, while I do my best to breathe through my days, sometimes it just isn't enough. At times I feel like a plane that's circling to land, I'm so close to my destination, yet all I can do is look out the window and wait. 

None of us are immune to dread especially when we know it's coming. All we can do are one of two things, we can face it and work through or avoid it and relieve the pressure. But I must tell you from experience that, relief may can with a price. Like I said, I've had two days like this this week. The first I uncomfortably plowed through and second comes later today. So at the moment I'm doing my best to not let it take over my day.

Too many times we (I) let the dread of something that is coming ruin what could be a productive day. Sometimes that it can be a big thing, but a lot of times it actually isn't, we just make it that way. So what can we (I) do to relieve ourselves of that dread? For one jump into that other project you have on the agenda or breathe through it and focus your mind on nothing but the breath. Either way, you usually end up getting more done than just twiddling your thumbs. 

Now does this work for me? Honestly, the answer is yes and no. By that I mean, I'm a mere mortal whose whole plan here isn't to blow smoke up your ass. I have no magic potion to sell and if you looked at my adsense dollars, you'd know, I ain't doing this for the money. This is simply a platform for me to help you and me through this crazy modern life. Besides, I have enough people blowing smoke rings at me now, without adding to the pollution. 

If there is a point to be made here, I guess it would be. Sometimes how things are, are how they are. You can avoid it or embrace it, becoming Pavlov's dog in a way. In other words, we can allow certain conditions to provoke responses from us either good or bad. By clearing the mind and centering our thoughts on our breathing. We allow ourselves to go back to the beginning beyond where thoughts are formed. Were you (I) can be totally focused with no preset conditions as to what will come. It may sound like a lot of hocus pocus, but it works. 

Less anxiety, more focus. Isn't that the way we all want to be? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living