Back To The Egg & Other Misplaced Thoughts

As an editorial note, I'm writing this from my sickbed. So if it doesn't flow as smoothly as it should, sorry, I was probably sneezing my brains out at the time. FDT

No matter how long you've been around or how much experience you've had at somethings. Sometimes you just have to go back to the beginning to gain perspective. Recently, an old problem has reared it's ugly head into my world again. And no matter how many times I have changed tactics and battle this thing, sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to gain a new perspective on fighting it again. 

I mean over the years new tactics have come along but sometimes pulling out that first playbook is your best plan for defeating an old foe. In everyone's work-a-day world, this can be a best plan for resolving issues. Once a week I get an newsletter from a company that gives me the chance to read or hear the latest books on various business tactics and trends. Now every so often a diamond comes out the rockpile worth reading. But sadly, more often than not, most of these books only end up repeating themselves over and over.

Still with time comes experience and with experience the good answers come. Now for you young "whippersnappers" out there, I'm not going to say your new experiences are worth nothing. But you really have to develop the ability to view problems from various angles. You also have to realise that sometimes you're not always the one with the answer. (Maybe, I should start reading my own stuff?) But you maybe the one that the ability to herd cats (or team members). (Which, by the way is a subject that deserves it's own post.)

But getting back to the egg. Even with all the fresh ideas, knowledge, and leadership you can muster. There are times when pulling out the old notebook is the answer. But it doesn't mean it's always the right answer. Mistakes can often lead to better discoveries.

As I conclude this hodgepodge of problem solving ideas let me say this. Leadership and problem solving cannot be pigeon holed to any special type of person or group. Recently, I had the pleasure of working with a young lady on a team who was given the task of leading the project with a group of older team members that including me. Not only was she a valuable team leader, she was a hell of an organizer and project manager. So as I finally end this sick posting let me say, young or old problem solving requires some gifts you only learn from life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living