Cobwebs in the Corner

Over the weekend I worked on a new post about not giving up and not quitting. It still sits in my drafts waiting for me to drum up the drive to polish it up. So I was sitting here thinking, "man I feel like crap." I mean the weekend was a total bore, I had a lot of coursework to complete (QNT/561) and after that I was just drained. My eyes and my sinuses have been on fire then on top of that my belly is in knots. Rather it's stress or something just physical who knows. But those same feeling are carrying on into my Monday. 

Now last night I slept pretty well, got up a little late. But the feeling of my this blah, blah has built up over the passing hours. Maybe the thing is I need to just sit quietly and clear my mind of some of the accumulated clutter? I've noticed over the past number of months if I ignore the stressful thoughts instead of facing them. They tend to hang under the surface and maybe that's what is going on now. 

If you take a moment and quite your mind, sometimes your heart can reveal some amazing things. Like the fact that it's time sweep out some cobwebs in the corners. I hope that what I'm saying is making sense to you reading. This isn't some mystic mumbo jumbo or strange cult like spell. It's simply quieting you mind to allow yourself to see what's really going on. A lot of times the problem isn't putting enough thought into it. It's giving our mind too much to think about. 

And if there's someone who can testify to doing that too much, let me be the first to testify. 

Sweeping our poor thoughts and doubts under a rug solves nothing. Trying to jump start our attitudes with winning statements will fail too. Until you take a moment to look your inter-child or self in the eye and give yourself some compassion and love, you won't have lasting victory. Plus this isn't a one time thing, it's something that takes time, believe me I know. 

So as end this conversation, let me say. Freeing yourself from the forces that chain you is a continuing process. It doesn't end with just one prayer and go. It's a continuing lifestyle change that frees you from the belly aches and headaches that plague your whole like. Now rather you want to call it salvation, or freeing your mind, or nirvana, that's up to you. The point is clearing out the clutter and accepting who you are, these are the first true steps towards freedom.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze