Lazy Sunday

As usual I got up around 7 am, had my coffee and toast, then went out on the porch for a smoke. When a storm approaches you can feel a stillness in the air. The kind of stillness that I feel this morning with an impending rain that's coming. So knowing that, I have left my Sunday open to whatever happens. It's these kind of days I call lazy days. And while, you don't usually get a lot done on days like this, every now and then they are a necessity for me. 

As someone that can be hypersensitive to my surroundings, having a day without a certain order can be challenging. But even I find that a day to focus on nothing gives my mind a degree of freedom. To listen to what's going on and not to be bothered with the cries of work or routine. 

Like I said, considering the conditions I deal with hypersensitivity, feelings of dread, and immobility, you'd think lazy is something I shouldn't be practicing. But the secret is this, by clearing or passively focusing on my thoughts, I allow myself to not over focus on the things that trouble me. 

You see for me, my mind constantly wants to wonder, to plan on tomorrow, or focus on negative issues of the past. When my mind explores these things it picks up on other things that many can ignore. But not me, if I feel a little bit of discomfort, my mind lazer focuses on it and the paralysis begins. 

As I'm sure most of you know, meditation is the new buzzword. So I'm sure many of you out there know more about it then even I do. Rather your opinion of it is good or you think of it as mystic voodoo. My thoughts are I've tried a lot of different things, and I do mean a lot. And at this point, mediation and embracing even the worst of my thoughts have brought me some peace of mind. 

I could go on about my journey and the methods of mediation I use. Someday I may get more into those details. But at this moment simply ask myself, can something like this work for me? On the Internet there are tons of free information that can help you explore how meditation can clean out the cobwebs we all have in our minds.           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze