When The New Wears Off

For someone beginning a new career path or planning to start a new business venture, there's nothing like "that new car smell" of starting. As an entrepreneur myself having started and ended several business adventures, there is nothing as exciting as planning and beginning a new project. Even at this moment I'm created a new website My Mid_Life that I hope to use as a launch platform for a new venture I'm considering. 

For now my focus here is on the nuts and bolts of starting a business. Like I said, I've tried my hand at a number of projects that I've taken to various levels of success and failure. Out of all the things I could discuss, the planning, product or service development, tax issues, my main point here is the working and struggling that occurs. 

Much like getting a new toy it's fun to play with for a while, but then the predictability and routine of it sets in. A new business venture is all about the work and grid that you put in. It's the boredom of long hours, missing family events, and the struggle of making your next dollar. But with those things comes the freedom of doing things your way. The adventure of discovering strengths within yourself you didn't know you had. Like everything in life it takes balance. 

In conclusion, when looking at starting a business or new career do the research. There are many resources out there like the Small Business Administration and at the state level there are many resources for startups. In looking to a career change you have an Internet full of resources. The thing is go where your passions and strengths are, look within yourself and find that joy. Nothing makes for a better job than the one where you don't need an alarm clock. But if you're starting to burnout, than maybe it's time to reassess your situation.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze