The Mundane

Recently I was writing a friend of mine (yes, a letter) and in my note I mentioned some of the new things going on. Normally something like that would excite and motivate me. But to be honest I must admit my motivation is lacking. 

I'm sure that for a lot of you out there this is nothing new. What may have been an exciting adventure at one point, has turned into the routine or even mundane. For me this is kind of a crazy paradox, because one of the things I suffer with is anxiety. While I've been working hard to overcome my situation, I find it ironic that at this point I'd be complaining about being "bored".  

Never the less here we are, looking to a new horizon yet not really feeling it. I'm not trying to over-analyse this, it could simply be me going through a funk or something, we all do that. I guess I could think of it like a long term commitment. Where passion and drive first motivate you, then maturity and establishment continue you. 

I guess the point to these thoughts can be that while motivation is a prime key to life. Not everyday is filled with motivation or excitement. That for the most part it's how we work through the boring and mundane that brings about the true rewards of living. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze