What God Gave You

Last night I was watching YouTube checking out a new music artist on the scene. While doing that I noticed another live video of Rush in concert. I sat here for about 45 minutes marveling at the musicianship of these three guys thinking to myself, "man I wish I could do that." 

There is always something out there that we can't do that we wished we could do. For a number of years I thought I was a musician, even played a number of gigs. What I discovered was my musicianship could only go so far. But during that endeavor what I discovered was that I was a pretty good writer. Writing was something I had been doing as long, if not longer than playing the guitar. And even now, with the periods of not writing I've had, I'd always at some point go back to it again. 

Now I'm not going to sit here and tell you how great I am at it. But I will say what Carlos Santana recently said about his playing, "if you're playing doesn't give you chills, then put the instrument down and walk away", which is maybe why I don't own a guitar. But there are times when my writing has given me chills. 

I believe each of us has some gift. It may not be the have talent of Santana, Geddy Lee, Hemingway, or Rembrandt. But inside we each have a passion or a gift. I guess the moral to this is to not drown your gifts. With me I'm working toward finishing grad school and receiving my MBA. Now you may think if your passion is writing, "what good is an MBA going to do you?" 

The point here is what's your passion? Many of you may not have a gift that is writing, or painting, or playing an instrument. Still the gift you do have can contribute to your well being, either directly or indirectly. So in closing my wish for each of you is to know who you are, explore any potential or passion you have buried. Then use that gift to brighten the day of either yourself, others, or both. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze