Come On In, The Water's Fine

For anymore who actually reads my stuff (Thank-you, Brian) knows I usually try and keep it light and on the subject of a business/life balance. Well to be honest, over the past number of months I've been keeping my workload light. I've been working to get some personal issues in order, so that I can fully return to work/life energized and focused. 

I suppose I could continue this by spouting the virtues of keeping yourself in balance. Or that when setbacks occur, focusing your energy on correcting that problem. Because, what good are you to others, when you're not good to yourself. I could say those things, but Lord knows, you should know that already. 

My point is, once you've focused on that situation, when that situation is over don't forget how to swim. By that I mean, I've been dealing with a long term problem. It's required me to take off periods of time from school and work. I say this now because a long time ago, I lost the fear of being as less than normal. So it's with that freedom that I'll speak honestly now. 

In my own life after battling my "ailments" it's a little hard to just "jump back into the pool", so to speak. What I'm learning is, sometimes it's best to dip your toe in first and see that the waters fine. The problem with that sometimes is you can tell yourself, "oh, it's too cold" or "I just eat awhile ago, I may cramp up." Excuses, while they seem valid can become just that, excuses

While my issues come and go in waves, it doesn't excuse me from living. In some ways I've always realized that, which may account for this blog. Still just dipping a toe in isn't enough, you have to face living at some point. So if I have something to give away here it would be to take care of yourself. You are no good to anymore else if you don't love and take care of you. Also, after mending from your situation, if you allow yourself to become stagnant. You're still no good to yourself or others. 

Life is something to be lived, not viewed through a window. Take advantage of every situation that comes to you and remember to come on in, the water's fine.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living