Comfort In Knowing

I was sitting here today sending out a few notes and making some calls for my business. When I started thinking about the current stage of life I am in today. Gone are the days of boundless energy and the recklessness of youth. Gone too are the days of parenting and maturity that comes from rising a family. I guess now my wife and I are starting the next stage of our lives where it’s just me and her again. But considering how quickly we started a family, we kinda never had a just me and her phase to begin with so this should be interesting.

 I’ve wrote a number of times about maturing and observing how in my own life my taste and outlook have changed. I’ve written a lot about while growing older never really loosing that spark of adventure and improvement. But ever since our daughter’s announcement she and Cody were becoming parents. It has made me aware that me and my wife to are entering new territory ourselves. At first it was a bit scary, at least for me, to think someone we brought into the world was doing the same. It kinda hit me that, hey my days are numbered and that time marches on. 

I’m not saying this in some sort of defeated way that my time is near the end. It’s just that I have so much more I want to do. It has taken me a while to get comfortable with the fact that our time, my time is finite, at lest in the physical sense. Where I have drawn a great deal of comfort has been in the fact that while our physical selves live by the clock. The parts that make up ourselves deep down inside live on forever. Through both the lineage of our family and in the material that makes up us that goes back to the earth. 

Maybe some of you haven’t thought of life this way, but oddly enough this has given me comfort. Comfort in realizing you never really go, you just live on through all things.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living