Where's The Gipper When I Need Him

Recently I've had a run of bad luck prospecting for new clients for my business. As anyone in business knows without sales and without clients you don't eat. Now if you know me or look at my picture, you've figured out, I like to eat. So I would think it's needless for me to say, man I need a pep talk. 

Dealing with anyone in sales you know it's all about "closing the deal". In my situation I believe the product I offer is a really good one. I mean, I pay my monthly fee and use it myself. So I have no lack of faith in the service I sell. It's just sometimes the best of us can lose faith in our abilities and we need Knute Rockne to prop us back up. But at the moment Knute not taking my calls and even the best of self-affirmations just ain't cutting it. 

So what are you to do? 

One thing that comes to mind is no amount of worry or fear is going to change a situation. If you are at a point where all you can do is put one foot in front of the other, guess what? You're moving! I don't mean to fill you up with "Hang in there, baby" affirmations or posters with kittens in a tree. (By the way, who put that poor kitten up there to start with?)

My thoughts always goes back to belief and faith. Belief that what you offer is a good service or product. And that you have enough faith in your abilities to successfully convey to the customer that your product is worth their money. So when you ask, where's the Gipper when I need him? Hey, he's right inside of each of us, just have faith. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living