Dreams & Reality

In my little cave I call an office, I was typing away at a thought or two I post to an international business site. The contacts I make with individuals around the world still amazes me even after a number of years sharing on that site. Another site I subscribe to is a site that is a forum of sorts for people like me with my issue of panic/anxiety. Although that site originates from across the pond, the support I’ve gotten has been invaluable.

These are two examples of modern media, one more business centric and the other more social. Both have exposed me to the fact that even with our cultural differences we share many common traits. After watching the news this morning I couldn’t help but think with so much talk about division put on display. No wonder we believe our problems are too big and our ideas too different to ever get along, which brings me back to the reality of our shared commonality.

I suppose it’s just human nature to gather in our little groups. Valleys, mountains, rivers, and oceans separated us for tens of thousands of years. And while humans have slowly traveled and traded with others, deep inside the idea of tribe and family still remains. But over the past few centuries humankind has created faster and easier ways to communicate and trade. Still even with these advances the color of our skin and the faith we hold to divide us more than bring us together.


It’s a shame that little things like color and custom divide us so. And those things like faith in a higher power or the love of family can’t bring us together. Just as Dr. King said so many years ago, “He’s allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I’ve looked over. And I’ve seen the Promise Land.”  Hopefully this can be true of myself. That one day we will finally able to see the similarities more than the differences between ourselves and live in peace.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze