Stop & Ask Yourself

Yesterday while rushing around, I had an idea for a post. To make sure I didn’t forget my great idea I typed it onto my computer screen and continued doing what I was doing. Well it’s been 24 hours and after all the bill paying and other errands I had to do; I finally have time to sit down with my great idea. But sitting down in front of the keyboard I stared at the screen and all I could see are the words Stop & Ask Yourself and nothing else?

Now yesterday I thought I was being clever by jotting down that title, that somehow it would jog my memory of that incredible idea. Well it turns out my mind is a total blank as to what it was I was thinking about to go with that title. So I’m left here with a title and not much else.

Don’t we all have days like this, where the day looks to be full of potential but ends up being sort of a dud? Now you would think I’d simply give up on the idea of using that title and move on. Well as my better half would gladly tell you, it doesn’t work that way for me. Much like a stubborn puppy, when I latch on the something I usually don’t let go. At least till I get popped in the head with a newspaper, right dear?

If I were to put this title to good use would be to stop and ask myself, why? Why does every idea have to be the next big idea? Sometimes our minds can churn out some pretty stupid things. I mean no one reading this right now thinks that hairstyle you worn in 1988 would really look good on us today, do we?


The beauty of our brains is that we can generate millions of ideas. It’s just that we have to let go of some of our old concepts to make way for new ones. I suppose to tie a pretty bow on to what was a great idea yesterday would be to now say. Ideas are great and they are a part of what moves us forward. But most of the time if they cannot be nurtured or developed well, they only create bottlenecks in the process of being successful.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze