Words

While I have been working to get better physically, for even longer I’ve been working on my attitude and outlook. In no way am I ashamed to say I’ve been using therapy and medication to better my overall mental health. Therapy mostly entails looking within oneself and at the influences that shaped us. The reason I bring up all this is to make the point about how the words we heard as children shaped us as adults.

Words are powerful things; they separate us from the rest of animal kind. They both unite and separate us, they both help create and destroy the best of us. Words are important in that they came shape our success or failure in life. Looking back at my own life, I can see where words impacted how I grew up. How the words of kindness and correction kept me on a straight path. While the words of hatred, insults, and bullying can take a developing heart and crush it.

Here I don’t want to focus so much on my own journey, as I want to open eyes to the damage our words can bring. Believe me every day I working to correct the things I say. I being the chief of sinners when it comes to being a smart ass, it’s been quite an adventure learning to control my tongue and attitude. But lately as I work to overcome the pain I faced. I in turn am looking at my own actions and the words I use. The key is to recognize when we use the same hateful words that were used on us.


Everyone at one time or another has been torn by the words of someone. If it happens to you enough you find yourself using the same words on yourself. It’s never too late to reverse course and take it easy on yourself. But it’s a bit harder to correct the wrongs you have done to others tearing them down. The point is, to truly heal you have to ask forgiveness of those you wrong, as well as, forgive those who wronged you.              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze