Human Touch

I rarely deal with paper anymore; all of my postings are either created on my laptop or tablet then stored on the cloud. The disadvantage to this system is when an idea pops into my head and my hardware isn’t around. While technology and progress are foundations of moving ahead, not every innovation or advance can take the place of human contact. Recently I’ve written a number of pieces on the loss of human touch in our personal and business dealings.

In our breakneck speed world we have so much thrown our way by home and work we hardly know which direction to turn. So things get dropped and people put to the side. Rather or not it was intentional it’s these let downs and disappointments that weigh on us. Causing us to slip farther away from the things we hold so dear. Being successful has its place, but at what cost?

For way too long I measured success by how much I could better myself. But while I have put trophies along the wall and created a reputation as an effective leader; what good does it do me if I loss time with my family and myself. Providing for one’s family is a noble pursuit, but at what cost? What good is putting a silver spoon in a child’s mouth if he or she only knows you as a provider and not a mother or father?

If you take this train of thought and look at it strictly from a business prospective. Dealing with others simply as business commodities is no way to treat individuals intentionally or not. People are not pieces on a chess board each have thoughts and goals that are of value. Rather or not they profit the bottom line.


The point is isolation or looking at things as white or black does not capture the whole image. Most things in life are more than just hours on a clock or can be measured in profit or loss. Success is truly measured in how you left the world. Did you leave people, places, and things a little better or was your time simply measured by the ticking of a clock.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze