Aspire Too

I suppose we all want to put our best foot forward. Rather it’s in business or in our professional lives. Or in our personal lives with friends and acquaintances; we like to have ourselves seen in a good light. I know in my life that was very true. I hide behind the mask’s of stability, strength, and good fortune. But nothing could be farther from the truth.

It’s not that I don’t strive for these things. But for so long they were the focus of my life. So much so that I forgot how to be me. I suppose my near death experience, if you want to call it that, brought me to a place of honesty with myself. That the labels I tried to wear, were really not who I am. I am a complicated ball of erratic emotions, twisted by a life of total contradiction.

If you really think about it we are feel this way. But it wasn’t until I stared the fear of death, failure, whatever you want to call it, in the eye. That realized it was okay. Sounds so freaking silly doesn’t it? But it’s best explanation I got. I don’t claim any power other than the power of experience and observation. Between the two I'm starting to figure out a lot.

I know that in order to be happy, I have to the honest and kind to myself and others. Pushing yourself isn’t specifically a bad thing. Making yourself totally miserable while doing it is. All I’m saying is being authentic often takes much more bravery then we’d rather display. Oh but the reward to yourself and to those around you, leaves such a sweet taste in your mouth. Fallibility isn’t such a bad thing, it reminds us there is so much more to aspire too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze