Keep on Walking

For a really long time my life has been a series of reinventions. In other words if something didn’t work, I would do an about face and try something else. And for a really long time I would bad mouth myself for having to do so. Well a little over ten years ago I started to look seriously at the man I actually was. And what I discovered was that the building blocks for success were there. It’s just that I lacked the compassion for myself to bring it out.

I’m not talking about some ego building mumbo jumbo, to make believe I am great. No. It’s that fact that I took an honest assessment of my abilities and worked from there. I attended the University of Phoenix, now before we start bad mouthing them, one of the strengths of UOP is it’s emphasis on team building. The confidence I gained from each small victory in the classroom. The affirmations I received from classmates. And the eventually ability I gained to lead were all part of the team building skills I gained at UOP.

The next epiphany I had came from my study of mindfulness and the practice of mediation. What I learned here is that compassion isn’t just meant for others, but for ourselves as well. Through mindfulness I have learned we are all flawed and broken in some way. And it is up to us to find the courage and compassion to change.

I speak to so many that live in fear. Mostly in fear of not living up to their potential. After a very rewarding collegiate experience and what I thought would be a successful business venture. I had a series of devastating health setbacks. But instead of ignoring the facts, I embraced them. Eventually changing paths to create the content you are reading right now. You see, life is never perfect and reinvention is an inevitability. So instead of cussing yourself out for ever failure. How about dusting yourself off and just keep on walking.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze